Every June, the APA carries out a campaign to increase awareness and enthusiasm for audiobooks. With a long list of benefits, it’s no surprise that the popularity of audiobooks has skyrocketed. Audiobooks not only make long drives fly by for commuters, but they are a multitasker’s dream. You can enjoy books while cleaning the house,…
Children’s Summer Reading Program Important Dates: Thursday, June 22: Ecology Action Center, 10:15 AM at the library. (K-5th will attend this program). Preschool will meet at their regular time (9:00 AM) at the library. Thursday, July 13: Forest Park Nature Center, 10 AM (all classes will attend this program). Reading logs must be turned in this day. Thursday, July…
Teen & Adult Summer Program
* Begin reading Thursday, June 8
* Read at least 3 hours per week
* Sign in or call the library each week to be eligible for prizes
* Final date to turn in reading— Thursday, July 20
Register now at the library!
When: June 24; July 8 & 22; August 12 & 26 and September 9
Where: In front of the Carlock Public Library
What: Garden produce, baked goodies, plants & miscellaneous.
Donations of items to sell welcomed!
- Alison Krauss: Windy City
- Garth Brooks: The Ultimate Hits
- Kenny Chesney: Cosmic Hallelujah
- La La Land: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Now That’s What I Call Music! 61
- The Afterlife of Stars by Joseph Kertes
- Expecting to Die by Lisa Jackson
- If Not for You by Debbie Macomber
- The Violated by Bill Pronzini
- Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
- Know Your Why: Finding and Fulfilling Your Calling in Life by Ken Costa